Send A Smile 4 Kids (Canada) collects and distributes handmade greeting cards to nurses, staff and families to give to hospitalized children on their birthdays and other special dates. Our focus will be on providing happy, upbeat birthday cards and "glad you're going home" cards but we will also make and provide cards for holidays throughout the year.



Monday, September 17, 2012

More thank you's

I didn't think to hold my mail while I was away on vacation these past couple of weeks. I'm used to having mail delivery to the house but my new place has centralized mailboxes instead. Well, the mailman must have been plenty upset at me for hogging all the space in the parcel section of the mailbox! I just about fell over when I saw that there were 2 big boxes of cards waiting for me, plus another huge bag and box that were hand-delivered to my door.

I can't say thank you enough to these wonderful contributors:

Diane H. went above & beyond yet again, sending in a box of Halloween, Christmas, birthday, thank you and anytime cards to both our BC and AB coordinators. I always love how Diane uses photos on her cards for that personal touch and don't you agree that her puppy is perfect for a Christmas card! And check out this super special birthday card that includes a birthday boy pin, crayons and colouring pages.

Back of card
Front of card & envelope
Thanh's donation of over a hundred cards, 3D projects and card kits pretty much blew my mind (in the very best way). She donated cards that she and her many friends created, as well as some from card swaps and other events. The cards cover a wide range of ages and purposes and will be very useful.
A small selection showing some of the cards perfect for teenagers and older kids.
I'm imagining these adorable little handbags as going home gifts
Marcia H has been very creative lately - just check out these paper quilled cards she sent (and these are just 2 of the dozens of designs she made). I couldn't tear my eyes away from the intricate designs so I imagine the kids will be equally enthralled.
 
Marcia also included some Halloween cards that range from creepy to cute. The hospital likes to make the most of all holidays so I'll be sending over Halloween cards for the first week of October.
 
And Lynnette asked me to thank Karen who sent this adorable card all the way from the UK - the girl who gets this will definitely be smiling!

Thanks to each and every supporter - whether you donate a single card or a boxful, your creativity and generousity are appreciated. Thank you for sending smiles and for supporting Send A Smile 4 Kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment