Send A Smile 4 Kids (Canada) collects and distributes handmade greeting cards to nurses, staff and families to give to hospitalized children on their birthdays and other special dates. Our focus will be on providing happy, upbeat birthday cards and "glad you're going home" cards but we will also make and provide cards for holidays throughout the year.



Sunday, October 9, 2011

Thankful

It's Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada and I am thankful for so many things - my family, friends, pets and the wonderful community of crafters that I'm part of. I've just finished bundling up the latest packet of cards for the BC Children's Hospital ... check it out!
59 handmade greeting cards on their way to brighten the day of kids and their families. And it's due to the efforts of local (and not so local) crafters that this is happening. This batch includes a bunch of Halloween cards as well as a good assortment of everyday (thinking of you, hello, blank) cards.
The focus is now turning to Christmas. The deadline for getting those Christmas cards and tags to me will be December 3rd. The collection has already started - this past weekend I attended the BC Crop for Kids and after talking about SAS4K one woman came over and donated these 3 cards on the spot. I didn't get her name but I hope she sees this post and knows that her spontaneous generosity is greatly appreciated!

Thanks for visiting and remember to send in those cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment